The goal is to be able to make nice gifts for birthdays and special occasions by sewing. It’ll be a nice, heartwarming gesture. I’m someone who cares for the family and wants to regularly remind them how much they mean to me. If I can sew, I’ll be able to show them that when the right days come around.
The smallest way to start my habit is to practice sewing for 1 Hour a day, though that will mean finishing an item will take much longer. I don’t know yet if I have to break the habit into sets because I don’t know how far I can go before I get tired yet. Being retired, I have as much time as I need. All I need to make sure of is that I can finish stuff in time for birthdays and special occasions. I will, however, limit the habit to a total of 4 hours a day, because I want to do other things as well.
1. You start small and set an upper limit
2. You increase the intensity of the habit on a regular basis
3. You stay consistent so that you do the habit by following a schedule
4. You break your habits into sets when it gets too big
5. You stop increasing the intensity of the habit when it gets too big to maintain.